Sunday, March 6, 2011

Inspirational Quotes



Meditate.
Live purely. Be quiet.
Do your work with mastery.
Like the moon, come out
from behind the clouds!
Shine.
 
                                        ~Buddha


You must be the change you wish to see in the world. 
                                                     ~Mahatma Gandhi



And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.

~Khalil Gibran


Whether you think you can
or whether you think you can't,
you're right.

~Henry Ford


Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely
and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson


I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark
should burn out in a brilliant blaze
than it should be stifled by dry rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor,
every atom of me in magnificent glow,
than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.

~Jack London


To think is easy.
To act is hard.
But the hardest thing in the world
is to act in accordance with your thinking.

~Goethe


You see things; and you say 'Why?'
But I dream things that never were;
and I say 'Why not?'

~George Bernard Shaw


Love the earth and sun and animals,
Despise riches, give alms to everyone that asks,
Stand up for the stupid and crazy,
Devote your income and labor to others...
And your very flesh shall be a great poem.

~Walt Whitman


When you reach the end of your rope,
tie a knot in it and hang on.
 
                                                 ~Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment